Emery is eight months old! I’m actually very happy to report that she’s not quite on the move yet, although it won’t be long. I love that I can sit her down and she stays put. I’m certainly not trying to rush through this stage at all.
Emery, this month you:
- Flew for the first time from Nashville to Orlando to visit the Winslows (Tim, Mandy and Libby).
- Went swimming for the first time and loved it.
- Had your first night(s) away from me. You (and Drew) stayed with Grammy and Grandpa and Mimi and Papa for 5 days while we went on vacation.
- Have a new tooth on the top, thought not one of your front teeth. I hope those front teeth come in or you may look a little funny.
- Said your first word – Dada
- Still regularly wake in the middle of the night, many nights.
- Started to wave (kinda)
This is my favorite Emery face right now (below). It’s her happy and excited face this adorable panting / hissing noise accompanies the happy face.
I have a feeling Emery will be an expert crawler and into everything by her 9 month update. So – I’m going to enjoy these last few weeks of actually being able to be a room away for a minute or two if necessary without worrying of where she’s going and what she’s doing (not that I won’t enjoy the next ‘on the go’ stage!).